Monday, October 6, 2008

Grace Notes

Lo, the midnight hour has silently slipped past. Often have I wondered at the passage of time. I sit at the computer creating my first blog--a word I only heard for the first time about a year ago--wondering what my grandchildren will be doing when they are at the ripe old age of almost 60! I hope sleeping soundly in warm beds having enjoyed worship on the Sabbath Day past in a church blessed with Biblical preaching and the fellowship of many close friends. I pray they will have feasted on God's Word, communed with the saints around the table and gone to sleep with smiles of contentment on their lips after kissing a house filled to the brim with godly children goodnight. I pray that their neighbors and communities will all love the Lord so that it will be difficult to find someone to tell the good news of the Gospel to...I pray that grace will conquer sin, fear and wickedness in their generation. I know that day will come...I don't know when. God, make us faithful unto death...

2 comments:

Dana in Georgia said...

yes~! I'm working on posting a prayer(s), so that perhaps one day one of my progeny will read it and know that s/he descends from a godly family...

Becky said...

Dana, Don't you also hope that Carol Wages will follow through with her plan (shh--it's a secret from Si) to publish his prayers? I love them--Blessings, B